This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

AvalonDock tab order changes when clicking on a tab

Mar 10 at 11:44 AM
Hello,

in a DockingManager I have a LayoutDocumentPane where users can put in some LayoutAnchorable in a desired order. Sometimes when users click on a tab the tab order changes automatically. The clicked tab seems to swap its position with a nearby tab. I wish to keep the order when users click on a tab, but users should be able to reorder tabs manually.
How can I achieve this?

I'm using the Community Edition v3.0.0 .

Regards,
Marcel
Developer
Mar 13 at 6:25 PM
Hi,

To re-order tabs, you need to drag a tab and as soon as the dragging tab is passing over another tab, the re-ordering takes place.
Maybe you are clicking on a side of a tab and dragging just enough to the next/previous tab and the re-ordering takes place. A kind of slow click combined with small movement.
I suggest you also try with the latest version of AvalonDock : v3.3.

――――
Get more controls, features, updates and technical support with Xceed Toolkit Plus for WPF
Mar 15 at 6:45 PM
Hi BoucherS,

thanks for your reply! :-)
I just click in the middle of the tab und especially take care to not move the mouse. I have the same problem with AvalonDock v3.3. To make things worse, serialization doesn't work correctly in v3.3. All LayoutAnchorables are ordered horizontaly, even if I ordered them vertically.
Developer
Mar 16 at 8:29 PM
For the de-serialization problem, this could be related to https://wpftoolkit.codeplex.com/workitem/22494. It will be fixed in v3.4.
For the re-ordering of LayoutAnchorables, please attach a sample and specify the steps so we can test it.
Thanks.

――――
Get more controls, features, updates and technical support with Xceed Toolkit Plus for WPF