This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Is Xceed Extended Toolkit v2.9 compatible with Windows 10

Jun 28, 2016 at 3:31 PM
I have a C# WPF application that uses Xceed Extended Toolkit (latest stable V2.9 according to nuget) that compiles (VS2015) & runs correctly on Windows 7.

The application uses only the IntegerUpDown control from the toolkit.

The source code has been transferred without change to a Windows 10 based PC - compilation fails reporting
    Cannot locate resource : pie/themes/aero2.normalcolor.xaml
The control in the application's MainWindow.xaml is highlighted as having the same error.

Are there any compatibility issues with the latest version of the toolkit & Windows 10? Is there any workaround for this issue?
Developer
Jun 28, 2016 at 5:01 PM
Hi,

There is no compatibility issue with Toolkit v2.9 in Windows 10. Actually, we are developing in a Windows10 environment.

As a test, I created a new WPF Application in VS2015 and using the "Manage Nuget Package" tool, I installed Toolkit v2.9.
The MainWindow.xaml only contains an IntegerUpDown.

Result : No compilation errors and application shows the IntegerUpDown correctly.

The error you point out looks like a missing file in the "pie" control.

There must be something wrong in your installation. Try removing the reference to Toolkit and re-install it via Nuget.
Thanks.
Jul 1, 2016 at 9:56 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I am not sure what the issue was – we did do a reinstall & the problem was still there – but following a reboot of the PC (actually shutting PC down & going home for the night) the problem went away & the application compiled & ran correctly.

Best regards

Paul