This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

IntegerUpDown behavior changed

Jan 21, 2015 at 5:06 PM
I'm using the component IntegerUpDown for sometime now and I had to update to version 2.0.

Before, the "UpdateSourceTrigger" was not working and the component had two behaviors.
  1. Using the up and down buttons worked as "PropertyChanged".
  2. Changing the Textbox worked as "LostFocus".
Now I can only have the same behavior for both textbox and buttons, or I have "LostFocus" for both of them or I have "PropertyChanged" for both of them.

My issue is I have a screen with a numerical updown and a default pushbutton. Before pressing Enter the apply was being executed.

In this case, It should be executed only with up and down buttons.

Also, it is a requirement for me that it should be executed on up and down buttons and not on direct textbox change.

Is it possible to have different behavior now?

Something similar to the old behavior would work for me too.

Thank you!
Developer
Jan 23, 2015 at 4:29 PM
Hi,

Starting at v2.5, a new Property is available on UpDownBase : UpdateValueOnEnterKey.

In NumericUpDowns, DateTimeUpDown, DateTimePicker, TimePicker, TimeSpanUpDown, a new boolean property was added: UpdateValueOnEnterKey. When set to True and the user is typing text, the synchronization between "Value" and "Text" will only be done on a enter key press, or a LostFocus.