This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

New user help.

May 14, 2014 at 3:43 PM
I was easily able to download the source and build the package. And through VS13 I was able to "install" the package. However, it is not clear to me that we're referring to the same version I built.
  1. How do I connect MyProject to the locally built version?
  2. The controls in the "installed" package are not showing up in the VS toolkit window. Is this supported? If so, how do I link the controls in the locally built package to the VS13 toolkit window?
Developer
May 21, 2014 at 12:50 PM
Hi,

Is it working under VS2012 ?
1) Simply adding references to the build dlls should do the job. Look for adding the Xceed.Wpf.Toolkit.dll to have the main controls from the toolkit.
2) When you are talking about the VS Toolkit Window, are you talking about the Visual Studio Debugger that has a toolbox for Toolkit controls ? If so, referencing the Xceed.Wpf.Toolkit.dll should make it works.
May 21, 2014 at 7:06 PM
Sorry but I still can't make it work.
  1. I uninstall the NuGet version since I want to use the local build.
  2. I added a Reference in my project file to the Xceed.Wpf.Toolkit.dll
    Still no sign of the tools in the Toolbox window.
I did notice when I was using your compiled versions I was told to add an xmlns:xctk= reference to my Window xaml. This allowed me to type your controls directly into the xaml, but there was still no sign of the controls in the Toolbox. xctk: is defined "http://schemas.xceed.com/wpf/xaml/toolkit".

Thank you for your help. I'm a bit new to this aspect of VisualStudio.

Roswell Miller
Developer
May 22, 2014 at 1:01 PM
Hi,

I can confirm that it is working in VS2012.
-I created a new project
  • added a reference to Xceed.Wpf.Toolkit.dll
  • in xaml, display the toolbox
Result : I can see the controls from the Toolkit in th Toolbox.

In VS2013, the integration to the toolbox has not been done yet. It should be done in v2.4.
May 23, 2014 at 1:10 PM

I am working with VS13 so I guess I wait. What did the reference to the dll look like?

Thx

Roswell