This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

PropertyDescriptor doesn't work for PropertyGrid in community edition?

Mar 12, 2014 at 2:58 PM
I need dynamic object binding to PropertyGrid control, so I created a class that inherits PropertyDescriptor, but the only properties/methods gets called are NameHashCode and PropertyType.

GetValue, SetValue, IsReadOnly or any other - never gets called. What am I missing here? So I tried different approach:
var cpi = new CustomPropertyItem();
// set cpi properties as needed...
MyPropertyGrid.Properties.Add(cpi);
But I get compilation error (cannot access CustomPropertyItem's internal constructor).

So what's going on? these features are blocked in the community edition or something like that?
Developer
Mar 12, 2014 at 6:10 PM
Hi,

You are right.
The CustomPropertyItem's constructor is not public in the OpenSource version. The Toolkit "Plus" makes it available. Here are the PropertyGrid features that are added in the "Plus" version of the toolkit:
-Custom Properties (define new PropertyItems)
-DefinitionKey Attribute (Properties are linked with a key)
-ExpandedCategoryAttribute (some Categories can start expanded/collapsed)
-ExpandedObjectAttribute with parameter = True/False (some properties can start expanded/collapsed)
-Localization
 -ExtendedDisplayName Attribute
 -LocalizedCategory Attribute
 -LocalizedDescription Attribute
 -LocalizedDisplayName Attribute
-Editor Définitions (modify the PropertyGrid's editors)
-Multi-Selected Objects (you can set PropertyGrid.SelectedObjects)
-Custom Properties List (you can set PropertyGrid.PropertiesSource to a list of generic objects)

You can have a look at the site : http://wpftoolkit.com/
Mar 23, 2014 at 2:13 PM
Edited Mar 23, 2014 at 4:09 PM
Neither is selectedobjects property supported, if you don't pay to exceed.
Sorry- that is mentioned above. Still, does anyone know if this will ever be included in the community version?
Editor
Mar 24, 2014 at 1:19 PM
Edited Mar 24, 2014 at 1:19 PM
We add stuff to each edition, and plan to continue to, but generally once something is added to one edition it is not moved or added to the other.