This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

MaskTextBox 1.9.0 does not work without "Xceed.Wpf.Toolkit"

Feb 28, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Hey. I created an application which uses MaskedTextBox. That is okay. However, if I make a "Release" of project and take from one place to another then an application stops working. But If I add "Xceed.Wpf.Toolkit.dll" in folder where the application is situated then it works perfectly!
How to get over this problem?
I would like that my application to work without "Xceed.Wpf.Toolkit.dll".
Best regards!
Feb 28, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Edited Feb 28, 2013 at 1:19 PM
If you use an object from the toolkit DLL, you MUST include the DLL with your application (in one way or another). The reason is that the DLL probably won't be in the GAC on the destination PC.
Feb 28, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Edited Mar 1, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Is it real?
Does this rule work on all versions of Toolkits? What I should do if I want an application to work independently?
It is inconvenient. I had Toolkit which was possible to work without Xceed files, but I cannot find it.
Mar 1, 2013 at 12:45 AM
StepUp,

Unless you directly borrow pieces from the dll source code and add those in the same namespace in your project, you can not build the software without the referenced libraries. Please note that this is a universal requirement and the nature of how the libraries are supposed to be implemented.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Alex
Mar 1, 2013 at 1:18 AM
zaitsman wrote:
StepUp,

Unless you directly borrow pieces from the dll source code and add those in the same namespace in your project, you can not build the software without the referenced libraries. Please note that this is a universal requirement and the nature of how the libraries are supposed to be implemented.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Alex
Sorry for my naivety. Is it possible to do? How to do it?
Mar 1, 2013 at 11:51 AM