This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

BusyIndicator not showing a second time

Jun 13, 2012 at 3:28 PM

I have the busyIndicator encompassing all the controls within a tabItem. When I open the view I set IsBusy to true and the run some database retrieves in the background and the Indicator shows as expected. Now the user can enter some criteria and hit a search button to filter the data. The filter method again is in another backgroundworker thread. The Indicator does disable all the controls but it never actually shows up.

I'm using MVVM and I'm setting the IsBusy and the BusyMessage in the ViewModel. As I said it works the first time but not subsequent times. We are using this control elsewhere in our projects and they always seem to work, its just this one view doesn't seem to work.

Help please.

Coordinator
Jun 15, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Are you able to reproduce the issue in a sample that you could share?  That would help me to figure out the problem.

Thank you.

Jun 18, 2012 at 3:40 PM

You can close this discussion, the problem was that the app was slow in Debug mode in the UI thread when some collections were changed which caused it to be locked up. Running without debugging resolves all the issues and I don't believe there is a problem with the BusyIndicator.

Thanks

Jul 24, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Please keep this open. I am having the same problem. I tried running the app in release mode but it didn't help.

Basically, I've bound the control's IsBusy property to my IsBusy property. When the flag is set, everything works fine... once. When the flag is cleared, the indicator goes away and my controls are enabled. The next time my IsBusy flag is set, my controls are properly disabled, but the indicator does not appear.

Thanks,

Tom