This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Great work... some suggestions?

Feb 29, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Hey Guys,

First off let me tell you how much I appreciate the amount of work and dedication that has gone into the making of this toolkit. It should be implemented into almost every WPF deployment out there.

Second I would like to make some recommendations for some subtle changes that I have come across while using some of the control. Let me tell you for the amount of controls and features this is a very small list.

Property Grid

Love it! However there are some small changes I would suggest considering for future releases.

Change the two properties from readonly and make the the setter on the public property public. Alot of classes that I have implemented use a generic set of "properties" that are inherited from base classes. This makes controlling the header very difficult on a per class instance, additionally from what I can see from the source code these properties do not fire internal events so the all important "SelectedObject" property will not be modified.

1. SelectedObjectTypeName 
  2. SelectedObjectName

Color Picker

This is a very nice color picker, the only thing I would love to change is provide an option for RGB and not strictly RGBa, in cases while generating HTML markup the RGBa is not supported in most browsers. Now converting them manually myself is no sweat just would be nice to have an option so the user cannot select the alpha layer just to have it removed for html purposes.

I appreciate the time looking into this... 

Cheers : Nico

Apr 5, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Hi,

I second the request concerning making the alpha channel optional in the color picker. Also I didn't see a way to make it open in advanced mode by default, that would be another great option.

Thanks for the hard work!

Aug 20, 2012 at 4:30 PM

The PropertyGrid features requests seems to be logged as an issue here:

http://wpftoolkit.codeplex.com/workitem/17376

The ColorPicker features here:

http://wpftoolkit.codeplex.com/workitem/17169

Nov 7, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Both issues are adressed in version 1.8