Custom Editors with Attributes

Feb 8, 2012 at 6:10 PM

I'm having difficulty getting my custom editor to appear when specifying the editor via an atrribute on a property of my class.

Can anyone provide me with a simple working sample?

Thanks,

John

Feb 8, 2012 at 6:12 PM

The sample application that is available in the source code download has a working example.

Feb 8, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Hmm, I don't recall seeing that in samples. Do you specifically the example that demonstrates the use of a custom editor using attributes?

Thanks,

John

Feb 8, 2012 at 8:24 PM
Edited Feb 9, 2012 at 3:40 AM

Brian,

Were you able to locate the example?

The sample application that is available in the source code download has a working example.

Feb 9, 2012 at 3:11 AM

It is in the sample application under the PropertyGrid module in the CustomEditors.xaml.cs 

Feb 9, 2012 at 3:33 AM
Edited Feb 9, 2012 at 3:39 AM

Brian,

I must have download the wrong files as I don’t see that file in my samples folder.

Do you have a download link to the sample that you are referring to?

Thanks,

John 

It is in the sample application under the PropertyGrid module in the CustomEditors.xaml.cs

Feb 9, 2012 at 4:00 AM

Brian,

I am unable to find the 'CustomEditors.xaml.cs' in the download source code. I did see that the file exists at the following location...http://wpftoolkit.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/85922#1979378. However this example appears to be stale as the implementation of the ITypeEditor does not match the interface in the current dll. Do you have a working example for the latest build?

Thanks,

John

Feb 9, 2012 at 4:30 AM

You are confused on what is current.  The file you have provided a link for is the most current sample code.  The most current source code is located under the "Main" folder not the "Release" folder.  If you read the documentation is states that these features are only available in the current source code which is the code located under the "Main" folder.  Let me know if you are still having problems.

Feb 9, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Brian,

Thanks for clearing that up. I appreciate your help.

John