Custom ComboBox Editor in PropertyGrid

Dec 8, 2011 at 6:03 AM

I am using PropertyGrid of Extended WPF Toolkit. I want my ICollectionView property in my class to be represented as ComboBox in the propertyGrid so I have designed a custom Editor which implements ITypeEditor.

My Code looks something like

[Editor(typeof(SamplePanelNamesEditor),typeof(SamplePanelNamesEditor))]      

public ICollectionView PanelNamesList

{

get;

set;

}

public class SamplePanelNamesEditor : ITypeEditor

{

public System.Windows.FrameworkElement ResolveEditor(Microsoft.Windows.Controls.PropertyGrid.PropertyItem propertyItem)

{

ComboBox cmbBox = new ComboBox();

Binding binding = new Binding("Value");

binding.Source = propertyItem;

binding.Mode = BindingMode.TwoWay;

BindingOperations.SetBinding(cmbBox, ComboBox.ItemsSourceProperty, binding);

PropertyPath itemPath = new PropertyPath("SelectedItem");

Binding selItemBinding = new Binding("Value");

selItemBinding.Source = propertyItem.Instance;

selItemBinding.Mode = BindingMode.TwoWay;

BindingOperations.SetBinding(cmbBox, ComboBox.SelectedItemProperty, selItemBinding);

return cmbBox;

}

}

I am able to display the list of Items in the ComboBox in PropertyGrid , but I am not able to set TwoWay binding on SelectedItem of the list. I am using the same ICollectionView as the ItemSource of another ComboBox . I want a way to select an Item from the list so that the SelectedItem on both the ComboBoxes ( PropertyGrid’s ComboBox and other ComboBox’s where the ICollectionView is used as the ItemSource) display the same Item.

Dec 8, 2011 at 6:25 AM

Sorry i missed setting IsSynchronizedWithCurrentItem to True in the Custom Editor. Its working now :)