This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Changing splitbutton apparence and behaviour

Nov 21, 2011 at 3:22 PM

Hi,

I have some splitbuttons that look like this:

<extToolkit:SplitButton Name="splStatus"  Grid.Column=" 2" Grid.Row=" 1" MinWidth="100"  >
	<Grid >
        		<Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
                  	<ColumnDefinition Width="Auto" />
                           <ColumnDefinition Width="*" />
                  </Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
                  <Image Name="imgStd"  Source="/MyApp;component/Images/flag_blue.png" Margin="5" Grid.Column="0" />
                  <TextBlock Name ="texStd" Text="Stato" Grid.Column="1" VerticalAlignment="Center"  />

</Grid>
          <extToolkit:SplitButton.DropDownContent>
        	  <StackPanel >
         	  <Grid>
                  	  <Grid.RowDefinitions >
                                    <RowDefinition Height="*" ></RowDefinition>
                                    <RowDefinition Height=" *" ></RowDefinition>
                                    <RowDefinition Height=" *" ></RowDefinition>

</Grid.RowDefinitions>
                             <MenuItem Name ="first" Header="First" Grid.Row=" 0">
                             	<MenuItem.Icon>
                             		<Image Source="/MyApp;component/Images/flag_blue.png" />
                             	</MenuItem.Icon>
                             </MenuItem>
                             <MenuItem Name ="second" Header="Second" Grid.Row=" 1">
                             	<MenuItem.Icon>
                                        <Image Source="/MyApp;component/Images/flag_green.png" />
                                    </MenuItem.Icon>
                  	  </MenuItem>
                             <MenuItem Name ="third" Header="Third" Grid.Row=" 2">
                                   <MenuItem.Icon>
                                       <Image Source="/MyApp;component/Images/flag_orange.png" />
                                   </MenuItem.Icon>
                             </MenuItem>

</Grid>
                        </StackPanel>
                    </extToolkit:SplitButton.DropDownContent>

</extToolkit:SplitButton>

I would like to change the button appearence anc behavior according to the menuitem selection. In other words, I would like to set the button text, image and command to be the same of the selected menuitem.
I've done this in the code-behind but I have to write code for every splitbutton and, as I have several of them, I would like the splitbutton to behave in this way without having to write the code for every control.
Do you believe it is possible ? If so, how ?

Thank you very much

Nov 28, 2011 at 2:18 PM

You will have to write code to get the behavior you want or you can create a custom split button and try to encapsulate as much functionality as you can.