This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

RibbonWindow and ChildWindow and BusyIndicator

Jun 29, 2011 at 12:25 PM

Hello

I'm using the Microsoft Ribbon for WPF, which has a RibbonWindow instead of Window, I guess to be able to make the window caption/header look like a real ribbon aplication.

The overlay rectangle with ChildWindow and BusyIndicator doesn't draw correctly in the RibbonWindow, both controls are set to fill the entire window. The top of the rectangle is about 20pixels to much.

I could fix it by setting the top margin of ChildWindow to 20, I don't know how to do it for the RibbonWindow. Perhaps I could try to find the rectangle in the visualtree below the BusyIndicator and set the margin on that.

Setting the margin feels a bit hack-ish. Is there a better way ?

Jun 29, 2011 at 3:32 PM

I don't ever use the Microsoft WPF Ribbon so I don't even have that thing installed.  I am sure it has to deal with the way the RibbonWindow is modifying the chrome of the window which is causing this behavior.  I use other thrid party ribbon windows and the indicator works without issue.  If I get any time I will instal the ribbon and see if I can find a workaround other than setting margins.  If setting margins works, then I would initially use those so you are not stuck on this issue and can continue developing your app.