Multiple DateTimePicker Problems

May 16, 2011 at 10:58 PM

<extToolkit:DateTimePicker Value="{Binding SearchStart, Mode=TwoWay, UpdateSourceTrigger=PropertyChanged}"
  Format="Custom"
  FormatString="yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm:ss"
  ShowButtonSpinner="False"
  Margin="2"
  Foreground="Red"/>

So above is my current XAML that I am using on version 1.4.0.2.

Issue 1: Color

I am trying to get the text on the control to display as red, but that currently does not happen. I even tried to change the Background color, but that did not appear to work either.

Issue 2: Left/Right Arrows

When using the control, it doesn't seem to register properly when you try to use the Left/Right keyboard arrows when switching from say Year to Month.

Issue 3: Keyboard Input

When I click on the year block and use the numpad to change the year from 2011 to 2010, after I lose focus on the DateTimePicker, it will revert the DateTime back to what it previously was. (This seems to happen to me on any of the blocks that get clicked on)

Let me know if I am missing any sort of configurations that might causing this.

May 16, 2011 at 11:14 PM

The color issue is known as I have not put any effort into the styling of the controls yet.  Would you mind please downloading the current source v 1.4.0.3 and letting me know if the other issues still persist?

May 16, 2011 at 11:48 PM

Doing that fixed issue 3.  =)

On issue 2, it still doesn't allow you to use the left/right keyboard arrows to switch to a different block in the DateTime.

May 16, 2011 at 11:55 PM

Issue 2 is not supported.  See this thread as to why: http://wpftoolkit.codeplex.com/discussions/253351

May 17, 2011 at 12:01 AM

Ahh, that makes sense.

Thanks for the fast replies and helping me get issue 3 fixed, I really appreciate it!