This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Creating Patches / PropertyGrid enhancement

Mar 30, 2011 at 3:38 PM

Hello Brian,

First off, thank you kindly on many levels for the work you put into this project - it's both a great set of controls as well as a good project from which to learn.

Secondly, I have been testing a number of the controls lately and would like to be able to submit proper patches. Can you explain the best way to create patches without having a login for TFS or the CPC tool CodePlex provides? I uploaded a 'patch' for the ColorCanvas but is is only a single source file.

Lastly, I have made some enhancements to your new PropertyGrid control to allow for multiple objects to be selected / edited simultaneously. It works similarly to the MS property grids where only the properties common to all selected objects are shown, and displays an empty string if the underlying properties have different values. I think it is a worthwhile feature that is standard on most property grids. Since it is a slightly larger patch, I would like to contribute this to you properly if you can explain the above question about patches.

Thanks again,

Mar 30, 2011 at 3:44 PM

I greatly appreciate your contribution.  This will be a great feature to add to the PropertyGrid.  I have been meaning to get around to it, but I have been extremely busy on the other controls.  I am trying to get ready for the Open Source Fest at MIX11 in about 2 weeks.  For the smaller patches you can just upload the .cs file and I will merge the code.  For large patches like this you can email them to me at brian dot lagunas at live dot com.  Thanks again.