This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Numeric Up Down

Dec 17, 2010 at 2:35 PM

Hi,

I got few questions.

1. Is it possible to allow insert only numbers and decimal sign (just 1 time). (Not allow user to insert wrong letters, decimal sign more than once...) If not, do you plan to include this in next versions?

2. Improvement could be add dependency property which would make selectionAll text on gotFocus on component. (When user want edit the value, now he need to use arrows on keyboard to move to right position. But when would be text selected, he can or dont need to do this. Instead he can write value directly)

Its are only my ideas, but I think It can be very powerful improvement...

Thanks for answers.

Dec 17, 2010 at 3:23 PM

I believe you are inquiring about a Mask feature.  There are no current plans to implement this feature anytime soon.  Right now I am ramping up for v1.3 release, and will then concentrate on stabilizing the current code base and adding styling and templating capablities.

I do like your idea of the SelectAllOnGotFocus property.  I will turn that into a feature request and see if I can get it in before the Jan release of v1.3.

Dec 17, 2010 at 3:24 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Dec 20, 2010 at 10:20 PM

Hi Brian, great work on the toolkit.
I'd like to second the vote for numeric textbox masking :)

I could theoretically also use Ruben's attached property way described here : http://rubenhak.com/?p=8
but I don't know how to actually apply that to the textbox from the NumericUpDown's XAML..
If you know how to do that that would also be appreciated.

Cheers !

Dec 22, 2010 at 4:19 PM

The SelectAllOnGotFocus property has been added.

Dec 27, 2010 at 7:27 AM

Thank you very much..