This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

How to forward the data grid cell key down event's key to user control used as edit template?

Nov 11, 2010 at 10:18 AM

Hi, I have a WPF data grid and I am using a template column with different cell tamplate and cell editing template. I am handling KeyDown event on data grid cell to push it into edit mode when a key is pressed. The handler is as follows :

void OnCellKeyDown (object inSender, KeyEventArgs inE) { 
        DataGridCell cell = inSender as DataGridCell; 

if (inE.Key == Key.Up || inE.Key == Key.Down || inE.Key == Key.End || inE.Key == Key.Enter || 
            inE.Key == Key.Left || inE.Key == Key.Right || inE.Key == Key.Escape || inE.Key == Key.Return) { 
        } 
        else { 
            if (!cell.IsEditing) { 
                bool result = this.BeginEdit (new RoutedEventArgs (KeyDownEvent, inE)); 
            } 
        } 
        inE.Handled = false; 
    } 

The problem is, if user presses a key, I want cell to go in edit mode, clear its current value and set the value as pressed key instead. I am not able to do that.

I would like to get the pressed key in the load event of user control which is used as edit template.

Can somebody please help me

Nov 11, 2010 at 1:36 PM

I am sorry, but you are referring to a control that is in Microsoft's WPF Toolkit.  You can ask your question there. http://wpf.codeplex.com/discussions.  I don't ever use the DataGrid so I am unable to help.  Just guessing, but if there was some kind of CellGotFocus or CellChanged event maye you could hanlde it there.