This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Extended WPF Toolkit

Nov 7, 2010 at 8:45 AM

Hi. I Downloaded extended wpf toolkit dll and install .net framwork 4.0 as you say in documentation tab.

But when I add a reference to WPFToolkit.Extended a yellow sign is on it and new xmlns (xmlns:extToolkit="clr-namespace:Microsoft.Windows.Controls;assembly=WPFToolkit.Extended") occurs error:

Assembly 'WPFToolkit.Extended' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference. Also, verify that your project and all referenced assemblies have been built.

What should I do?

I use VS 2008?

Must I install VS 2010?

Nov 7, 2010 at 1:09 PM

You can't reference .Net 4 Assemblies from .Net 3.5 or lower since the core frameworks doesn't match.

Donwload the .Net 3.5 source and compile that or make use of the .Net 3.5 releases for VS2008.

Nov 7, 2010 at 2:46 PM

@mieliepoor is correct.  To use the 4.0 version of the Extended WPF toolkit you must have VS2010 installed.  Since it sounds like you are using VS2008 you can only use the 3.5 version.  Please note that I have not yet merged the new RichTextBoxFormatBar, ButtonSpinner, or NumericUpDown controls into the 3.5 solution yet.

Nov 7, 2010 at 3:33 PM

FYI, I just merged all of the new controls into the 3.5 source code.

Nov 8, 2010 at 6:44 AM
Edited Nov 8, 2010 at 6:45 AM

Thanks all.

I installed VS 2010 and it worked for me.

Your message box is better than before, Thanks.

But can I write my messages in it   Right To Left   flow direction? (for farsi or arabi)

Nov 8, 2010 at 2:17 PM

Honestly, I don't know.  When I create the controls I really don't pay attention to flow direction.  You could try placing the following snippet in your App.xaml

<Style TargetType="{x:Type extToolkit:MessageBox

}">

<Setter Property="FlowDirection" Value ="RightToLeft"/>
</Style>

If that doesn't work you may need to retemplate the control.

Nov 9, 2010 at 4:17 AM
Edited Nov 9, 2010 at 4:33 AM

Yes.

I created a dictionary and add your code above to it.

Then I merged that Dictionary in app.xaml. It's right to left now. Thanks.

Now how can I change its button text? (For example ok, yes and no text)

Nov 10, 2010 at 4:09 AM

How can I change its MessageBox button text? (For example ok, yes and no text)

Is not possible?

Nov 10, 2010 at 1:38 PM

answered in your other dicussion thread.