This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

TimePicker

Aug 4, 2010 at 8:05 AM

I don't know if this is in Silverlight, but it could of course still be useful.. :)

In the "other" WPF toolkit - and now in the official framework - you have the calendar and datepicker. I would love to have the possibility to specify a time as well as the date.

Of course, this could happen in several ways; Either a separate timepicker control, or a combined DateTimePicker, or maybe some other way that escapes me.

I don't have the skill to make this, but I would use it, and I don't think I am the only one. :)

Aug 4, 2010 at 1:58 PM

I will add this control to the back log.  If you can think of specific scenarios in which you may use this control, be sure to list them out.

Aug 5, 2010 at 6:15 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Nov 11, 2010 at 12:03 AM

added new DateTimeUpDown control. Allows you to use spin buttons or the mouse wheel to increment/decrement individual sections of a DateTime value. There are currently 10 supported formats: FullDateTime, LongDate, LongTime, MonthDay, RFC1123, ShortDate, ShortTime, SortableDateTime, UniversalSortableDateTime, and YearMonth. Use the control as follows:

<extToolkit:DateTimeUpDown Value="{Binding LastUpdated}" Format="FullDateTime" />

Jan 6, 2011 at 7:06 PM

The control look good.

I have two questions though...

1. Can you maybe add the option to have it display custom formats? At the moment you provide the option for only certain formats but I need the time in the 24 hour format irrespective of how the end users machine is setup - stupid client request. So instead of the time being displayed like 1:30 PM I need it 13:30, so in the Format property I could then select the format as Custom and then you should provide a Property where I can set the custom format (ie HH:mm).

2. Have you had any success or progress towards making it possisble to enter values into the control? It would be really great to be able to use the control without making only use of the spinners.

For the rest, it looks good.

Jan 6, 2011 at 7:17 PM

I do plan on supporting custom formats eventually and supporting entering values.  Unfortunately, I haven't had the time.  I am going to be releasing v1.3 wihin a week or so, and then I will plan out my next feature set.

Jan 24, 2011 at 8:09 PM

Thanks for the patch mieliespoor.  The DateTimeUpDown control now has support for custom formats.

Jan 25, 2011 at 5:56 AM
brianlagunas wrote:

The DateTimeUpDown control now has support for custom formats.

Thanks, that will help a bit!