Want an easier way to install the Extended WPF Toolkit?
The Extended WPF Toolkit is available on Nuget
What's new in the 1.8.0 release?
- MaskedTextBox (replacement)
- Toolkit edition of Xceed DataGrid for WPF
New features in the Plus edition only
- PropertyGrid now supports DefaultPropertyAttribute. When the SelectedObject changes, the property identified by this attribute will be the default selected property.
- PropertyGrid: sbyte, ushort, uint, ulong types are now editable.
- The order in which a decorated property's category appears in the PropertyGrid when the latter is set to Categorized mode (via CategoryOrderAttribute) can be specified.
- DisplayNames for fields and enum values can be provided.
Interface changes in the Plus edition only
- CheckListBox and CheckComboBox: SelectedItemChange event renamed to ItemSelectionChanged to avoid possible confusion with the SelectedItem property. SelectedItemChangedEventHandler renamed to ItemSelectionChangedEventHandler. SelectedItemChangedEventArgs renamed to ItemSelectionChangedEventArgs.
- Protected method Selector.RaiseSelectedItemChangedEvent removed.
- Selector.OnItemSelected protected method renamed to OnItemSelectionChanged.
- Selector: SelectorItemSelected and SelectorItemUnselected protected methods removed. Use the "OnItemSelectionChanged" protected method instead.
- Selector.Update and Selector.GetDelimitedValue protected methods removed.
- Selector.SelectedItems is no longer a Dependency Property and cannot be set.
- No longer Dependency properties: Properties, PropertyDefinitions, and EditorDefinitions (PropertyGrid class); Category, DisplayName, Level, and PropertyOrder (PropertyItem class).
- A new MaskedTextBox with a much more complete API has replaced the original one. The original one is still available in the namespace Xceed.Wpf.Toolkit.Obselete.
- MaskedTextBox.ValueType replaced by MaskedTextBox.ValueDataType.
- MaskedTextBox.ValueDataType default value is now "null" instead of "typeof(string)".
- MaskedTextBox.SelectAllOnGotFocus replaced by AutoSelectTextBox.AutoSelectBehavior.
- MaksedTextBox.IncludeLiterals replaced by IncludeLiteralsInValue.
- MaskedTextBox.IncludePrompt replaced by IncludePromptInValue.
- SelectedObjectName, SelectedObjectType, and SelectedObjectTypeName properties are no longer read-only.
- PropertyGrid.IsReadOnly property added.
- DefaultPropertyAttribute recognized by PropertyGrid
- Added SelectedItemsOverride property, which can be used for MVVM scenarios. This property allows a custom IList to be specified as the collection of the selected items. Binding to this property will also work within a DataTemplate.
- CategoryOrderAttribute added.
- Added ExtendedDisplayNameAttribute class to allow a DisplayName to be specified for fields and Enum type values, which will be used by the newly added EnumDisplayNameConverter to display enum field values as custom strings.
- Added LocalizedDisplayNameAttribute to easily allow localized strings for the DisplayNameAttribute value.
- Added LocalizedDescriptionAttribute to easily localize strings for the DescriptionAttribute value.
.NET Framework notes:
Requires .NET Framework 4.0. A build for .NET 3.5 is provided but also requires the WPFToolkit to be installed.
Instructions for using the Extended WPF Toolkit binaries:
- Install .NET Framework 4.0
- Download the ExtendedWPFToolkit_Binaries
- Right-click ExtendedWPFToolkit_Binaries.zip -> Properties -> Unblock
- Unzip the ExtendedWPFToolkit_Binaries.zip
- Add a using statement ("using Xceed.Wpf.Toolkit;") to the top of .cs files
- Add a new xmlns (for example, xmlns:xctk="http://schemas.xceed.com/wpf/xaml/toolkit") to the top of XAML files
- In your XAML, use the namespace prefix (in the above example, <xctk: ...>)