Want an easier way to install the Extended WPF Toolkit?
The Extended WPF Toolkit is available on Nuget
What's new in the 1.7.0 Release?
New features / bug fixes
- PropertyGrid.ShowTitle property added to allow showing/hiding the PropertyGrid title.
- Modifications to the PropertyGrid.EditorDefinitions collection will now automatically be applied to the PropertyGrid.
- Modifications to the PropertyGrid.PropertyDefinitions collection will now be reflected automaticaly on the PropertyGrid.
- PropertyGrid now implements ISupportInitialize.
- Root template part renamed to PARTRoot. TextBox template part renamed to PARTTextBox. Spinner template part renamed to PART_Spinner.
- IntegerUpDown.Background property is now properly displayed when assigned.
- PART_MagnifierCanvas part added to the Magnifier control.
- ColorPicker.UsingAlphaChannel and ColorCanvas.UsingAlphaChannel added to allow non-alpha blended color selection.
- Adding an invalid value to ColorCanvas.HexadecimalString will throw an exception but the original value will be keeped.
- The "Code" tab in the sample application no longer mixes code and header comment.
- Fixed a bug where the Calculator was not displaying the calculation result.
- MaskedTextBox no longer crashes when the Mask property is not initialized.
- Selector.SelectedItems property now fixed when the contained items are framework elements.
- DateTimePicker no longer resets the hour to midnight when a new date is selected. The initial time will be kept.
- DateTimePicker BorderBrush property now works properly.
- You can now hide the ColorPicker dropdown button with the new ShowDropDownButton property.
- IRichTextBoxFormatBar.Update() method added to force implementations to update their view based on the Target current state.
- Changes to the PropertyGrid.EditorDefinitions property now update the editors automaticaly in the property grid.
- Calculator.CalculaterButtonClickCommand property removed since it wasn't used.
- PropertyGrid no longer logs a binding error on loading.
- CheckListBox / CheckComboBox: Changes to the Delimiter or ValueMemberPath property will be automatically reflected on the SelectedValue property .
- CheckComboBox.DisplayMemberPath changes are now automatically reflected in the text value.
- .NET 3.5 versions of the solution and projects have been converted to VS2008 in order to support both VS2008 and VS2010.
- CheckListBox/CheckComboBox sample added.
- MultilineTextEditor sample added.
- RichTextBox and RichTextBoxFormatBar samples added.
- ColorCanvas / ColorPicker sample added.
- Numeric sample added.
- PropertyGrid.SelectedProperty renamed to PropertyGrid.SelectedPropertyItem.
- TokenizedTextBox, has been removed from the source code, we need to start it over.
Installation and Usage Instructions
Please note: The Extended WPF Toolkit is dependent on .NET Framework 4.0. You must install .NET Framework 4.0 in order to use any features in the Toolkit.
.NET 3.5 binaries and Source
Please note: The Extended WPF Toolkit 3.5 is dependent on .NET Framework 3.5 and the WPFToolkit. You must install .NET Framework 3.5 and the WPFToolkit in order to
use any features in the Toolkit.
Instructions for using the Extended WPF Toolkit binaries:
- Install .NET Framework 4.0
- Download the ExtendedWPFToolkit_Binaries
- Unblock the ZIP file.
- Right-click ExtendedWPFToolkit_Binaries.zip -> Properties -> Unblock
- Unzip the ExtendedWPFToolkit_Binaries.zip
- Reference the binaries in your project:
- Reference WPFToolkit.Extended.dll in your project
- Add a using statement ("using Xceed.Wpf.Toolkit;") to the top of .cs files
- Add a new xmlns (for example, xmlns:xctk="http://schemas.xceed.com/wpf/xaml/toolkit") to the top of XAML files
- Remember to use the namespace prefix (in the above example, <xctk: ...>) in the body of your XAML