This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Use InteractionRequestTrigger in wpf desktop

Jan 28, 2014 at 6:27 PM
Hello,

I need to show child modal window in my application.
One way to do it is use InteractionRequestTrigger and PopupChildWindowAction. But desktop version of wpf doesn't contain implementation of class PopupChildWindowAction, it is exist in only silverlight version.
There are a lot of very useful features in your toolkit and I hope that your product support this functionality. Somebody help me with it?
Developer
Jan 30, 2014 at 12:40 PM
Hi,

Does the WindowContainer and ChildWindow (with IsModal = true) answer your needs ? Please have a look at the "Live Explorer app", available here : https://wpftoolkit.codeplex.com/ and select the Windows/WindowContainer sample. You can have a look at the xaml/code with the tabs in the sample.
Feb 1, 2014 at 4:17 PM
Thanks, I read about these classes, but I need functionality to move ChildWindow without borders of WindowContainer for full user screen. Can I use ChildWindow without WindowContainer?
Developer
Feb 3, 2014 at 12:42 PM
Yes, you can use childWindow without WindowContainer, but it's an obsolete way of using childWindows.
The current way of using modal child windows is within a WindowContainer where the modal will be applied. You can use transparent WindowContainer background and use a windowContainer size of "fullscreen" by setting its Width and Height.