This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

DoubleUpDown.IsEditable gone?

May 22, 2013 at 4:40 PM
I was just looking at version 2.0 of the WPF Toolkit, and discovered that DoubleUpDown.IsEditable is no longer a property. Unfortunately we need this functionality for our controls. That is, we want to create a DoubleUpDown where the user cannot edit the value using the keyboard (typing in a number), but they can edit it using the up/down buttons.

Additionally, is there some way we can get back the style used in 1.9 for this control? We preferred it over the 2.0 style.
May 22, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Edited May 22, 2013 at 5:50 PM
DoubleUpDown "IsEditable" has been renamed to "IsReadOnly" since version 1.6

The Generic theme for the controls have been reviewed to be inline with the standard Aero theme.
Starting with version 2.0, we also support the new Aero2 theme (under Windows 8)

Sorry, there is no easy "turning back" to previous theme beside re-templating your controls
May 22, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Ah, my bad- I was using version 1.5. Would it be possible for you guys to add in the functionality that was originally present with the IsEditable property in 1.5? IsReadOnly disables the entire control, not just the arrows.
May 22, 2013 at 6:41 PM
The "AllowSpin" property allow you to control if the user can "spin" the values, with the "spin buttons", the keyboard arrows or mouse wheel.
The "ShowButtonSpinner" allow you to show or hide the "spin buttons".
The "MouseWheelActiveTrigger" property allow you to control if and when the mouse wheel can "spin" the buttons. (only when AllowSpin is true. Of course)
May 22, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Sorry, I did not make myself clear. I would like to cause the DoubleUpDown to NOT be editable by entering a number in the field using the keyboard, but the arrows to still work.
May 22, 2013 at 9:58 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
May 22, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Ok, thanks for that.
May 23, 2013 at 2:41 PM
A workaround have been added to the issue comments