Remove "Powered by Xceed" header

Jan 3, 2013 at 5:25 PM

I just downloaded the version 1.8 data grid.  First off, it is very much better behaved than the Microsoft version, whose editing and validation behavior were just terrible.

So, how do you remove the "Powered by Xceed" header in my XAML?  If I UseDefaultHeadersFooters to False, I get an even uglier, vertically-oriented Xceed watermark.  To me, this totally ruins a community edition.

Thanks.

-reilly

Coordinator
Feb 21, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Edited Jun 10, 2013 at 12:27 AM
You can remove the Powered By Xceed watermark in the current version(s) until we get something that's unobtrusive enough or we just remove it altogether.

EDIT: As of v2.0, we've removed the watermark altogether. It's gone.
Feb 24, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Xceed...can you please say more about what you mean, or how this can be achieved? As of the 1.9 release I see the behavior described by jrhokie1, but I'm just starting to use the DataGrid control so I certainly could be missing something obvious.

Thanks!
Coordinator
Feb 25, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Will post instructions here shortly.
Feb 25, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Thank you!

I managed to "remove" it by substituting a different PNG for the Watermark.png file, but that required me to create a custom build from source. That worked fine, but am curious if there's a less intrusive way to achieve the same result.
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Comment the following methods:
HierarchicalGroupByControl.OnApplyTemplate()
HierarchicalGroupByControl.MeasureOverride(Size)
And the content of this one:
DataGridControl.UpdateDataGridAdorner()
Recompile and you are good to go.
Editor
Feb 27, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Just a reminder though, that we're working on it for the next release.
Feb 27, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Sounds good, and thanks again for releasing and supporting this control.
Feb 28, 2013 at 12:50 PM
I wrote a little blog post that allows you to have an extension method that can be used during the onload of your view to hide the adorner layer that shows the watermark. This is a stop-gap measure till the developers provide a complete solution however this does not require you to compile a fork of the codebase.

Xceed Community DataGridControl WaterMark Removal
Editor
Feb 28, 2013 at 1:41 PM
mikejr83, wow.
Feb 28, 2013 at 8:54 PM
:) I wasn't too bothered by the watermark to tell you the truth. I am using the grid in an internal administrative application so like 5 people ever see it. Someone mentioned it and "challenged" me to remove it. So I did. As I said in my post, I'm very appreciative of the work done here.
Mar 1, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Hi,

Very good your program...but I have a problem, no work !!!
<Grid>             
        <avalonDock:DockingManager x:Name="DockManager">
            <avalonDock:LayoutRoot>
                <avalonDock:LayoutPanel Orientation="Horizontal">
                    <avalonDock:LayoutDocumentPane>
                        <avalonDock:LayoutAnchorable x:Name="Pannel1" DocumentViewerBase.IsMasterPage="True" CanClose="False">
                            <Grid Name="MonGrid">                                
                                <xcdg:DataGridControl x:Name="_dataGrid" AutoCreateColumns="True" ItemsSource="{Binding MaCollection}"></xcdg:DataGridControl>   
                            </Grid>    
                        </avalonDock:LayoutAnchorable>                        
                    </avalonDock:LayoutDocumentPane>                    
                </avalonDock:LayoutPanel>                
            </avalonDock:LayoutRoot>            
        </avalonDock:DockingManager>
    </Grid>
The watermark is always visible, I'm a bug on the "Dim child = VisualTreeHelper.GetChild(parent, i)", this return the value 0 ???

Thank you for your help.
Mar 5, 2013 at 2:43 PM
mikejr83 wrote:
I wrote a little blog post that allows you to have an extension method that can be used during the onload of your view to hide the adorner layer that shows the watermark. This is a stop-gap measure till the developers provide a complete solution however this does not require you to compile a fork of the codebase.

Xceed Community DataGridControl WaterMark Removal
Hello

I find your code. I create a class but I dont´know how to use it?

I use a small application with MVVM / Client-Server Architecture. Where I use your code?

I need to remove the grouping generell
Mar 19, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Edited Mar 21, 2013 at 3:18 AM
I'll create a sample app that shows how this works. However, if you have questions about my "fix" then please post them in the comments section of my post and keep this post clean.

EDIT:

I made a small example application that loads the grid with data and shows how you can toggle the watermark.

Xceed DataGridControl Watermark Removal Example Application