This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Round corner on SplitButton (and other controls)

Oct 19, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Hi

This might be newbie question but I just started WPF...

I really like controls from the toolkit but I have one problem. I dontwant the corner of the SplitButton border to be rounded. Is there a way to do so without having to redo the whole template? I want them to be like the default WPF buttons

Is it possible?

If its not easy to do, then is it possible to have the code to make the standard WPF button use the same template as the SplitButton look? Round Corner, Blue color on mouse over ect...

Thanks

Oct 22, 2012 at 12:31 PM

An issue has been created based on this thread:

https://wpftoolkit.codeplex.com/workitem/18813

Editor
Nov 12, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Hi sweetshadow,

After some testing, I believe this has to do with the theme you are using.

For example, my computer has Windows 7 with the Aero theme, and the Microsoft and Toolkit buttons have the same look. However, if I switch to a Windows Classic theme, then yes the default Microsoft buttons have square corners while the Toolkit buttons keep their look with rounded corners.

Based on this, there is no bug to fix, the Toolkit buttons were simply designed with the Aero theme in mind. If you need them to look differently, you can redo their template to suite your needs.

That being said, we are working on adding new Themes to the Toolkit, including Office2007 Blue/Silver/Black. From your description it sounds like the Office2007 Blue should suit your needs, or at least should be a better starting point than the current templates.

If you would like to suggest a different theme, just let us know and we'll see if we can add it to our list.