This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

How to use WPF toolkit in Application Class?

Sep 7, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Hello, 

First let me say thank you for this great work. I want to use a child window in my work.

I wrote my application using WPF Application class and I want to create a child window upon pushing a button. this is the sample code:

ChildWindow C = new ChildWindow();
            C.Height = 200;
            C.Width = 200;
            C.Background = Brushes.Black;
            C.Caption = "Test";
            C.Show();

There is no error but the childwindow doesn't appear on my screen. 

Can you please tell me what is the problem?

Thanks

Amir

Sep 7, 2012 at 7:06 PM

The ChildWindow control is not a window but a control that look like a window. It is displayed within and limited to it's parent container, a Panel (Grid, StackPanel, etc..).

Since the ChildWindow also offer the ability to style some aspect of the windows (not available on the standard framework), you may want to use this control just like a normal windows. If styling a normal window is your need, I would suggest to create a new feature request with this suggestion.

Sep 7, 2012 at 7:07 PM

For an example of usage, see the "ChildWindow" sample!

Sep 20, 2012 at 12:17 AM
emartin wrote:

For an example of usage, see the "ChildWindow" sample!

Hey thanks for all the help. I have additional questions:

1- Is it possible to have a maximized button next to the close button so user can maximize the window?

2- Is it possible for the user to resize the window with dragging action? (drag to achieve the suitable size).

Thanks

Sep 20, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Issue 18669 has been created based on your last post.

Sep 23, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Hey, when do you think the new version of Extended WPF toolkit will release? Thanks for the help.

Sep 24, 2012 at 12:17 AM

One release each month. So the next should be mid-october.

Unfortunately, we cannot resolve all logged issues and feature requests at each release. Try to vote for your issue. The vote count is considered for features priority