This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Why is CheckListBoxItem not on Main?

Feb 27, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Hi,

Just a bit confused about the state of the source tree. I currently rely on CheckListBox and CheckListBoxItem, the latter of which is only on the "Feature - Theming" branch in the source tree. Why is this?

I'm trying to get the latest so that I can test fixes to other controls that I need. I will attempt to copy the files across to Main now, but am wondering why these files aren't already on main.

Thanks,
Kent

Feb 27, 2012 at 3:21 PM

The "Theming" was there because another contributer was going to work on that feature.  Needless to say, they never did it.  Since you are unable to delete branches on CodePlex, it is simply there, but not used.  The current source code is located under the "Main" folder.  Always use the Main folder for the most up to date code.

Mar 1, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Edited Mar 1, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Thanks for the reply Brian, but maybe you've misunderstood. The point is that what's under Main isn't even a CheckListBox. It's just a Selector that has been called CheckListBox. It does not have any CheckListBoxItem class, nor does the template even include a CheckBox. It's almost like it was added as a skeleton, filled out sufficiently on the branch, and never merged back to main.

It certainly doesn't match up with what's documented on the wiki. For example, there is no CheckedMemberPath property. On the linked page, there are several comments of that sentiment from confused users.

Is this something that can be rectified? Or am I confused?

Mar 1, 2012 at 2:45 PM

The main is where all active development occurs. You just do not understand how the structure of the project is layed out.  It is true that there is no CheckListBoxItem, but there is a SelectorItem which is used.  This class is located under the Core/Primitives folder.

As noted on the project home page, there are breaking changes in regards to the CheckListBox and the documentation has not been updated to reflect these changes because the changes have not been released.  The documentation is there to support the currently released version v1.5 not what is in the source code download.

I hope this clears things up for you.

Mar 1, 2012 at 3:02 PM
Edited Mar 1, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Aha! That makes sense. What threw me was that I assumed the Selector base class was WPF's, not part of the toolkit. Hence, my thinking that CheckListBox was pretty much an empty class. That'll teach me for assuming.

Many thanks for the clarification, Brian.

Mar 1, 2012 at 3:03 PM

No problem.