This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Errors with PropertiesGrid

Jan 27, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Hello,
I have some problem with PropertiesGrid.
I just want to view a PropertiesGrid... but it doesn't work !

What i do:
* Make a reference to the DLL WPFToolkit.Extended.dll
* Add a new xmls in my WPF window: xmlns:extToolkit="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation/toolkit/extended"
* Add the sample code: 

<extToolkit:PropertyGrid x:Name="_propertyGrid" Width="450" Margin="10"
                                     AutoGenerateProperties="False">
            <!-- Only the following properties will be displayed in the PropertyGrid -->
            <extToolkit:PropertyGrid.PropertyDefinitions>
                <extToolkit:PropertyDefinition Name="FirstName" />
                <extToolkit:PropertyDefinition Name="FavoriteColor" />
                <extToolkit:PropertyDefinition Name="PetNames" />
            </extToolkit:PropertyGrid.PropertyDefinitions>
        </extToolkit:PropertyGrid>

.... And i have 6 erros !

Error 1 The property 'AutoGenerateProperties' does not exist in XML namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation/toolkit/extended'. Line 8 Position 38. d:\Temp\WpfApplication1\WpfApplication1\MainWindow.xaml 8 38 WpfApplication1
Error 2 The property 'AutoGenerateProperties' was not found in type 'PropertyGrid'. d:\Temp\WpfApplication1\WpfApplication1\MainWindow.xaml 8 38 WpfApplication1
Error 3 The attachable property 'PropertyDefinitions' was not found in type 'PropertyGrid'. d:\Temp\WpfApplication1\WpfApplication1\MainWindow.xaml 10 14 WpfApplication1
Error 4 The type 'extToolkit:PropertyDefinition' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference and that all referenced assemblies have been built. d:\Temp\WpfApplication1\WpfApplication1\MainWindow.xaml 11 18 WpfApplication1
Error 5 The type 'extToolkit:PropertyDefinition' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference and that all referenced assemblies have been built. d:\Temp\WpfApplication1\WpfApplication1\MainWindow.xaml 12 18 WpfApplication1
Error 6 The type 'extToolkit:PropertyDefinition' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference and that all referenced assemblies have been built. d:\Temp\WpfApplication1\WpfApplication1\MainWindow.xaml 13 18 WpfApplication1

And don't understand why :-)

Jan 27, 2012 at 10:58 AM

That feature is only available in the current source code download located in the Main folder.......

We all hope the next official release!

Jan 27, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Thank you ! :-)