This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

TimePicker Background Color

Jan 16, 2012 at 3:35 PM

I tried searching around, but I must be missing something.  I'm trying to set the Background color of the TimePicker to be a different color, but it doesn't seem to respond to setting the Background property.  Here is my XAML.

<extToolkit:TimePicker Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="3" Name="ActualLogInDateTimeTextBox" Value="{Binding ActualLogInDateTime}" Background="Yellow" />

I've seen other posts with people setting this property (usually to White), but also saw a post that said you haven't done much with styling of the controls yet.  So is this functionality just not there yet or am I doing something wrong?

Derek

Jan 16, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Chances are that the background color is change, but the textbox background is not set to transpartaent, therefore not showing the yellow.  It is true that not much emphasis has been put on stykling, but i am slowly working on this.

Jan 16, 2012 at 3:38 PM

How do I go about setting the textbox background to transparent?  Or even setting that background to yellow would work for me.

Jan 16, 2012 at 3:41 PM

for now you will have to retemplate the control or download the source code and create the tamplate binding in the default style.

Jan 16, 2012 at 6:20 PM

I submitted a patch (11288) for fixing this issue.  If it is not implemented the way you want or if you see anything wrong with it let me know and I'll try and fix it.  Thanks for your help and I really appreciate these controls!