This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

DateTimePicker selected value issue

Nov 16, 2011 at 11:42 AM
Edited Nov 16, 2011 at 11:43 AM

Hi,

I'm using DateTimePicker and found possible issue.

I'm assigning DateTimePicker's (DTP) Value property via binding. DTP "TextBox" part is showing the right value but when I expand the "Calendar" part it is selected today's date. I have to manually select date in "Calendar" part of DTP for it to later show the right value in "Calendar" part of DTP.

Any thoughts what might be the problem?

Thanks for answers.

Nov 16, 2011 at 1:43 PM

What version of .NET are you using?  4.0 or 3.5?  It works for me in the 4.0 solution.  What color is the selected date?  If it is gray, that is not the selected date.  The selected date should be light blue.  There is no way to manually select a date in the calendar. 

Nov 16, 2011 at 2:20 PM
brianlagunas wrote:

What version of .NET are you using?  4.0 or 3.5?  It works for me in the 4.0 solution.  What color is the selected date?  If it is gray, that is not the selected date.  The selected date should be light blue.  There is no way to manually select a date in the calendar.

I'm using 4.0.

Hmm.. I see the only colored day (gray) is always today. The selected day (value) isn't colored at all. The only way to get it colored (light blue) is to first select it through calendar part.

Also if the selected date (Value) has different month/year then today, when I first open "calendar" part it shown current month and year and not the one from Value. It also only works after I select it in "calendar" part.

Here is sample http://czshare.com/2244999/DateTimePickerSample.zip

Nov 16, 2011 at 2:41 PM

Download the latest source and give it a try.

Nov 17, 2011 at 11:17 AM
brianlagunas wrote:

Download the latest source and give it a try.

I'm using the latest version (1.5.0).

Nov 17, 2011 at 1:22 PM

The latest version in source code is v1.6.0.