Property Grid

Oct 6, 2011 at 1:58 PM

1) Alphabetical order in Property Grid does not respect the Display Names.

2) Display Summary is not being deleted when I do: extPropertyGrid.SelectObject = null;

3) As there is a "NameColumnWidth", there could be a "PropertyColumnWidth"?

Brian, I'm using much its components, you prefer that I post to find the smallest things? Or hope and brings together the main ..?

Oct 6, 2011 at 2:01 PM
  1. I will look into this
  2. Get the latest source code, this has been fixed.
  3. Why should there a PropertyColumnWidth if there is already a NameColumnWidth?  There are only two columns, and you can control the width of both with one property.

You post however you want to post them.

Oct 6, 2011 at 2:14 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Oct 6, 2011 at 2:21 PM

Item 1 has been fixed.  It should sort correctly now.

Oct 6, 2011 at 5:13 PM

Very good and thanks a lot.

3) If I do not find the "Width" in the "PropertyGrid" only determine the "MinWidth" and "MaxWidht." The right column grows with the size of the properties of my object. If the property has a small size, it will be small. If the property has a larger size will be larger. It will change in size. I would like that size does not change dynamically or only increase.  But I want the "PropertyGrid" only grows when I drag my "GridSplitter".
Actually, it's silly to waste time on this.

4) Is there any way to hide all the properties and do not use [Browsable (false)]? I looked for solutions, but none worked (http://www.codeproject.com/KB/webforms/HidingProperties.aspx). The idea is to use it to extend a component. (sample: UserControl)

Oct 6, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Currently this is not supported.  Would an option called "AutoGenerateProperties" be helpful?  When false you would be required to define the properties you want to show, if true then all properties are shown.

Oct 6, 2011 at 5:29 PM

That would be a great idea. It would be perfect. ^^

Oct 7, 2011 at 2:14 AM

This feature has been implemented.  Simply set AutoGenerateProperties to false.  You will then need to define a PropertyDefinition for each property you want to display.

Oct 7, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Brian for MVP!!! Thanks again.

Oct 7, 2011 at 7:57 PM

You can thank me by rating this project with your impressions :0)