Problem with RichTextBoxFormatBar

Sep 1, 2011 at 1:59 PM

I have used in my project standart 

<extToolkit:RichTextBox>
        <extToolkit:RichTextBoxFormatBarManager.FormatBar>
            <extToolkit:RichTextBoxFormatBar/>
        </extToolkit:RichTextBoxFormatBarManager.FormatBar>
    </extToolkit:RichTextBox>

But, when i select some text RichTextBoxFormatBar will not show. In my project wpf window shows in umanaged window, which create other program.

When I use this codesnippet in test program with only 0ne window all works good.

What may I do wrong?

Sep 2, 2011 at 5:20 AM
Edited Sep 2, 2011 at 5:20 AM
NamellesOne wrote:

I have used in my project standart 

<extToolkit:RichTextBox>
        <extToolkit:RichTextBoxFormatBarManager.FormatBar>
            <extToolkit:RichTextBoxFormatBar/>
        </extToolkit:RichTextBoxFormatBarManager.FormatBar>
    </extToolkit:RichTextBox>

But, when i select some text RichTextBoxFormatBar will not show. In my project wpf window shows in umanaged window, which create other program.

When I use this codesnippet in test program with only 0ne window all works good.

What may I do wrong?

Some new info. I provide debug work and I see, that VerifyAdornerLayer returns false, because GetAdornerLayer() return null. But all other variables are not null. What is this?

Sep 2, 2011 at 6:22 AM

Yes, that's all.

When I add <AdornerDecorator> tag, across <extToolkit:RichTextBox> - all works good.

Why you can't do it yourself?

Sep 2, 2011 at 2:22 PM

I don't know what you mean by "unmanaged" window, but I am sure that may be the cause of your issue.  99% of the time the adorner layer can be found and everythign works as expected.  I am glad you found a fix to your issue by explicitly adding an adorner layer.  Normally there is not a need to explicitly add an adorner layer because it already exists in a WPF application, therefore the control does not attempt to create one if it cannot find one.  I think your implementation is not a common one and that is why this is the first I have heard about it.  This is the first time I have heard of it not working. Could you provide a sample application that duplicates the issue?

Sep 2, 2011 at 6:19 PM

I think, I can't, because, I write some GUI, which other big application (not managed, but ActiveX) will show in his window. So, there is not WPF <Window> tag and I will add <AdornerDecorator> tag.

I think, you may add AdornerDecorator tag to you component, and this problem will never  happens again)

P.S. There is many strange things with my application) ActiveX and COM+ - this is so "beautiful" ^_^