This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

MaskedTextBox: Input Behavior

Aug 4, 2011 at 9:20 AM

Hi Brian,

this is a really gread, useful and powerful toolkit!

I have a suggestion to the MaskedTextBox:

On a normal TextBox the selected Text is overwritten when pressing a key.
On the MaskedTextBox i have to press delete.

I have multiple MaskedTextBoxes (SelectAllOnGotFocus=true) with predefined values (from a binding) in my program and what i want to do is:

Klick in the first MaskedTextBox => enter values => tab => enter values of next textbox => ...
What i actually have to do is: Klick in the first MaskedTextBox => del => enter values => tab => del => enter values of next text box => ...

A bit annoying :)

I tried to hook in the KeyUp-Event but this causes my program to crash - even if the Event-Handler is empty.

Also i had to use a converter (DateTime <> String) to get the Value from a DateTime-Binding to show up on first load (Mask: "00:00").

Kind Regards from Germany, 

Michael

PS: Is there a Roadmap for releasing new Versions?

Aug 4, 2011 at 3:41 PM

Thanks for your feedback.  I will look into the functionality you described and see what I can do.  As for your DateTime issue, this is expected.  A DateTime vaue would be in the format of "01/01/0001 01:01:01" which obviously will not match your mask of "00:00" therefore it will not populate because it is invalid according to the mask.  You may want to use the TimeUpDown control for that behavior.

There is no offical roadmap for new versions.  I basically implement request features and bug fixes from the Issue Tracker and add any other controls that I can think of.  Then when I feel I am at a stable point and have time I will perform a release.

Aug 4, 2011 at 3:41 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Aug 9, 2011 at 7:32 PM

This has been implemented.  I am planning to release v1.5 very soon. Stay tuned.

Aug 9, 2011 at 10:31 PM

v1.5 has been released.