This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

DateTimePicker problem

May 16, 2011 at 2:21 PM

Hi !

I'm using the latest source files for the DateTime picker and I'm getting an error on line 63 of the DateTimeParser.cs when I press Tab, after I entered a valid date via keyboard.

The project I run is the sample issued with the source files. To reflect my Language I added the Language="it-IT" in the MainWindow.xaml definition. The control is configurated as follow

<extToolkit:DateTimePicker Margin="25" Background="White" ShowButtonSpinner="False" Watermark="Selezionare una data" Value="{Binding DueDate}" Format="Custom" FormatString="dd/MM/yyyy"/>

I tried with different control settings and it seems that problem depends on the Custom Format mode. Also, using every kind o Format defined, the control don't get the date from the DropDown calendar, while the others DateTime controls get affected by the same selection.

TIA, Ax.

May 16, 2011 at 2:28 PM

I am unable to reproduce the error.  Which change set are you using?  What version of the /NET framework are you using?

May 16, 2011 at 2:44 PM

Hi,

I'm using the change set 73116, Visual Studio 2010, Framework 4.0

Debugging the code I see the Format variable is null so I get the exception at the specified line.

May 16, 2011 at 2:49 PM

I am still unable to duplicate the issue.  Would you mind creating a simple repro-application that I can use to find the cause?

May 16, 2011 at 2:58 PM

I'm using the sample issued with the source files so the code behind is the same.

The XAML is as follow

<Window x:Class="WPFToolkit.Extended.Samples.MainWindow" 
        xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"
        xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
        xmlns:extToolkit="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation/toolkit/extended"
        xmlns:local="clr-namespace:WPFToolkit.Extended.Samples"
        xmlns:sys="clr-namespace:System;assembly=mscorlib"
        Title="MainWindow"
        Width="250"
        Height="600"
        Background="White"
        ForceCursor="True"
        Language="it-IT"
        WindowStartupLocation="CenterScreen">

<Window.Resources />

<StackPanel>
        <extToolkit:DateTimeUpDown Margin="25" 
                                   VerticalAlignment="Center"
                                   Format="FullDateTime"
                                   Watermark="Enter Date"
                                   Value="{Binding DueDate}" />
        <extToolkit:TimePicker Margin="25" 
                               VerticalAlignment="Center"
                               Watermark="Enter Time"
                               Value="{Binding DueDate}" />
        <extToolkit:DateTimePicker Margin="25" 
                                   Background="White"
                                   ShowButtonSpinner="False"
                                   Watermark="Selezionare una data"
                                   Value="{Binding DueDate}"
                                   Format="Custom"
                                   FormatString="dd/MM/yyyy"
                                   />
    </StackPanel>
</Window>
May 16, 2011 at 3:07 PM

I am not getting an exception, but I do see the behavior you describe.  I will look into this.  Thanks.

May 16, 2011 at 3:54 PM

I found the issue and believe I have fixed it.  Please download the latest source and test it for me.  Thanks.

May 16, 2011 at 4:57 PM

Still won't work ...

Selection via DropDown (with or without multiple controls binded to the same property) do not display on the selected control.

Date entered via keyboard don't get validated (same error due to the Format variable set to null).

Thanks Brian ... I have to go, I'll check the forum tomorrow.

May 16, 2011 at 5:11 PM
Edited May 16, 2011 at 5:12 PM

I cannot duplicate the behavior since I implemented the fix. Please verify you are referencing the correct version of the assembly 1.4.0.3.  (I just incremented it)

May 23, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Hi Brian, your fix work for me too

Thanks!

Jun 10, 2011 at 3:50 PM

Brian, 

Is there any estimate of when this fix will make it in to a nuget package?

Jun 10, 2011 at 3:54 PM

Sorry, no estimate.  I have been swamp at work and with my other commitments.  I understand this is a pain point and I will try my best to get it in there as soon as I can.

Aug 3, 2011 at 3:11 PM

Please update nuget pkg, the bug is very unpleasant since i have to use custom format :(

Aug 3, 2011 at 3:15 PM

I am trying to wrap up the new Wizard control so I can do another release and have both the Nuget package and the codeplex release synchronized again.

Aug 3, 2011 at 10:08 PM

In the mean time why don't you download the current source code and compile the solution located in the Main folder.

Aug 9, 2011 at 10:32 PM

The nuget package has been updated with v1.5.