This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

MaskedTextBox

Apr 19, 2011 at 9:20 PM

I couldn't find the namespace:- http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation/toolkit/extended

I am using .Net Client profile. I referenced WPFToolKit.Extended.dll 

Help?

Thanks

Apr 19, 2011 at 9:22 PM
Edited Apr 19, 2011 at 9:24 PM

Please right click the WpfToolkit.Extended.dll and select properties. Then under the general tab, see if it is asking you to unblock the file. It may mention that this has been downloaded from the web or came from another computer.

Apr 19, 2011 at 11:20 PM

unlocked it. I cleaned and rebuild the project but nothing happened. Still unable to reference in XAML. 

Apr 20, 2011 at 2:20 PM

What version of the toolkit are you using? What version of the .NET Framework are you using? Please make sue you are using the correct binaires for your version of the .NET framework.  Could you provide a sample application reproducing the problem?

Apr 20, 2011 at 3:22 PM

I am using .Net Framework 4 client profile. I created a brand new wpf project for test. I put the toolkit dll locally as is the test project. It worked. I can be able to reference it in xaml. 

In my original wpf project i put the toolkit dll on shared network and referenced it from there. I think that is the reason why i was unable to see the namespace in xaml. I typed it manually. 

Still i can't see the properties for the masked text box when i reference toolkit from shared network place. The designer shows you error but everything builds and run successfully. What is the explanation for this. 

Thank you 

Apr 20, 2011 at 3:27 PM

This seems to be a limitation of Visual Studio.  I know there can be issues, for example security, when trying to reference assemblies on a shared drive.

Apr 20, 2011 at 3:41 PM

ok thank you.

I have usage question if you don't mind. 

I set the Mask to "00/00/0000" and the ValueType = {x:Type sys:DateTime}. The moment i hit one numeral key, I get a run time Format exception saying "String was not recognized as a valid DateTime". Can't it wait unitl i put a date value like 04/20/2011.

Thanks

Apr 20, 2011 at 3:43 PM

Unfortunately this is the current behavior of the MaskedTextBox.  Based on the example you provided I would actually recommend the DateTimeUpDown control.