How to use Extended WPF Toolkit

Apr 12, 2011 at 11:59 AM

I recompiled the source code and add it to your project reference to the new assembly.When launching the project get the following error:
{"Could not load file or assembly 'WPFToolkit.Extended, PublicKeyToken = null' or one of its dependencies. I can not find the file specified. ":" WPFToolkit.Extended, PublicKeyToken = null "}
What am I doing wrong?

Apr 13, 2011 at 3:58 AM

When I add the binaries in an empty project, then it works fine. But when I add the binaries to a working solution with a dozen projects, I get an error: Could not load file or assembly 'WPFToolkit.Extended...

Apr 13, 2011 at 4:20 AM

Make sure you are upgrading every project with the correct version.  Also, try doing a Clean then Rebuild.

Apr 13, 2011 at 5:16 AM

I add assembly reference to a project in the solution. I am doing clean then rebuilt solution, but error persists

Apr 13, 2011 at 5:24 AM

make sure you add the new reference to ALL projects that use the toolkit.  There is something causing your issue and it is not an issue with the DLL itself.  It may help by simply removing all references to the toolkit and then re-adding it.  If you are using .NET 3.5 make sure you have a reference to the WPFToolkit.dll as well.

Apr 13, 2011 at 6:59 AM

I added a reference to the assembly of the remaining projects in the solution and it worked fine. Thank you very much for your help and your work