This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Child Window

Nov 12, 2010 at 4:05 PM

Hi,

The child window control does not work with xbap. Any solutions.

THanks

Nov 12, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Humm.... Never tried it in a XBAP before.  Does it not show?  Does it not drag?  What exactly is the problem?

Nov 12, 2010 at 5:20 PM

The program crashes on startup (Stack Overflow).

Nov 12, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Interesting.  Let me check that out and get back to you.

Nov 12, 2010 at 6:03 PM

So I have looked into it and have found some interesting behavior when dealing with an XBAP.  I can probably say that you have specifically set the width or height on the ChildWindow, something like Width="250".  Take that width off and it will work.  But then another issue occurs.  The window will not center.  This is because for some reason inside an XBAP the parent container has no Height or Width initially.  If you hit refresh on your browser then the ChildWIndow will re-center.  All these problems are due to the fact that for some reason the parent has a Height and Width of 0, which means that the ChildWindow cannot poisiton itself, and which also cause your stack overflow exception you saw when setting the Width and/or Height.  Honestly I don't know if this can be fixed, but I will definitely see what I can come up with.

Nov 12, 2010 at 6:31 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Nov 12, 2010 at 6:52 PM

Good news, it is fixed.  Go and download the latest source.

Nov 12, 2010 at 7:11 PM

Thanks a lot..

Nov 12, 2010 at 7:13 PM

No problem, to thank me you can tell all your friends about the Extended WPF Toolkit :0)

Nov 12, 2010 at 8:33 PM
brianlagunas wrote:

...to thank me you can tell all your friends about the Extended WPF Toolkit :0)

Now that is a good idea!

Nov 13, 2010 at 2:52 PM

Hi Brian,

What’s your mode of working. Do you do projects (custom development). Let me know your arrangements.

Thanks

Deepak

Sent: Friday, November 12, 2010 2:14 PM
To: deepakm@msn.com
Subject: Re: Child Window [wpftoolkit:234491]

No problem, to thank me you can tell all your friends about the Extended WPF Toolkit :0)

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (wpftoolkit@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email wpftoolkit@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Nov 13, 2010 at 4:02 PM

Thank you for your interest, bu I currently don't have time to take on any more projects.  Between my day job, webcasts, user group presentations, code camp presentations, the Extended WPF Toolkitp project and the content I have to record for PluralSight.com, I am kind of slammed right now.